TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Read carefully the Terms and Conditions of service of Telware S.A. of C.V, hereinafter “The Company”. Any person wishing to access or make use of this website or the services offered may do so in accordance with these terms and conditions as well as the policies and principles incorporated in this document. By using this website or the services presented in it, you confirm that you have read all available information and that you understand and accept the nature of the program to which you agreed to integrate:
“The Company” is not responsible for air or land transportation from the place of origin to the destination. The program or the cost program does not include air or land transportation from the place of origin to the destination. It only includes the transportation from the airport or bus terminal to the community or where the program will be developed. Air or land transportation from the place of origin to the destination city are the volunteer exclusive responsibility.
You will find general information or advice regarding passport, visa and health including immunization requirements on the website www.volunteertothrive.org.
In the event that “The Company” provides recommendations and/or advice on these matters, we inform you that they are merely indicative so that the volunteers are responsible for conducting their own investigation.
Passport, visa and health requirements are subject to change and the volunteer must verify the current requirements prior to departure. It is the volunteer’s responsibility to obtain all the necessary documents for their trip to make sure they are in order.
“The Company” will not be responsible if the volunteer does not do so, and the volunteer will be responsible for covering any additional costs that may arise as a result of such failure.
It is the responsibility of the volunteer, not of “The Company”, to make sure that the relevant permits or visas are in order. The volunteer must check with the proper Embassy or Consulate all the documentation required advance before traveling outside your country.
The volunteer is responsible for carrying all necessary documents when traveling abroad, including, among others, passport, visa, work permit (when necessary), etc.
“The Company” will not be responsible if it is denied the entry to a country due to the lack of any document, incorrect visa or passport.
The fee paid by the volunteer or the sponsor to “The Company” does not include any type of insurance. However, it is an obligation and requirement in order to join the volunteer programs to hire a travel insurance that at least covers accidents, medical emergencies and funeral repatriation, and must have coverage in the destination to which you are traveling, being the responsibility of the volunteer to hire it. This is mandatory for all volunteers in all programs. “The Volunteer” is the only responsible for organizing and covering the costs of such insurance.
If “The Company” makes recommendations regarding immunizations, these are for informational purposes only. Volunteers are the only ones responsible for having the correct and necessary immunizations that are required for their trip. “The Company” recommends that volunteers visit their health professional at least eight weeks before traveling outside their country.
- The details of the applicable program rates are broken down on the program page of the “The Company” website and the rate reviews will be made public through such platform.
- All transaction costs incurred related to online bank transfers must be covered by the volunteer or the sponsor.
- Program rates may be subject to change. Volunteer applications paid before any price change will be respected in price and form.
- Program rates must be settled at least four weeks before the start or assignment of the volunteer’s placement.
“The Company” reserves the right to investigate any refund claim to determine its origin and if any refund is actually due to any error of “The Company”.
If “The Company” determines that a refund is justified due to a failure of “The Company” and the cause is not attributable to the volunteer or the sponsor. “The Company” will issue a refund, total or partial in accordance with our Refund Policy Program (described below):
Program rates are subject to the following refunds policy schedule:
- If the written cancellation is made at least 30 days before your travel date, the volunteer and/or the sponsor will be entitled to a maximum refund of 25% of the payment made.
- Any cancellation made 29 days or less to the start date of the program is not subject to reimbursement.
- Once the program starts, no refund can be made for any reason. Neither total, nor partial, nor for any other reason.
- The volunteer agrees that only “The Company” will make the final determination if reimbursements are issued, whether total or partial.
- If the cancellation is due to force majeure and duly documented, a rescheduling of the assignment or the program is possible.
If a payment made by a volunteer is erroneous and must be returned, the volunteer and/or the sponsor will be responsible for the charges for improper payment processing error.
CHANGES IN RESERVATIONS
- Once registered and within 30 days of its program start date, the volunteer and/or the sponsor may request changes in its start date.
The volunteer agrees that “The Company” will not be responsible for any volunteer that violates any local or federal law or regulation.
The volunteer must comply with the rules established by the local organization, “The Company” and the host community. To break these rules may result in expulsion from the program without a refund.
The volunteer agrees to comply with the following “Voluntary Code of Behavior”:
- It is forbidden to get drunk.
- The use of drugs is prohibited.
- It is requested an attitude of respect for the entire community population.
- The use of firearms and sharp weapons are prohibited.
If the volunteer does not comply with the conditions described in the Code, it can be eliminated from the project at any time and without any refund.
Below are the behaviors that may lead to the immediate expulsion from the program without any refund:
- If your behavior is identified as threatening or unacceptable to the community or anyone involved in the program based on the opinion or suggestion of the Host of the program.
- To provide false or incorrect information about your medical or mental health conditions.
- To provide false or incorrect information about your criminal record.
- If you are using drugs or toxic materials during the program.
- If the volunteer is involved in inappropriate or criminal sexual behaviors while in the program.
- Lack of respect to the image of the organization, to any member of the community or to damage the facilities of the community or making propaganda against “The Company”.
In the event that the volunteer’s participation is terminated due to any of the above-mentioned behaviors, he/she will not have the right to participate in any other program and may be reported to the authorities.
When volunteers or the sponsor visits the page of “The Company” or send emails, they are communicating electronically with “The Company”. Therefore, the volunteer and/or the sponsor accepts to receive communications from “The Company” electronically. “The Company” will communicate with volunteers by email or by posting notices on the website of “The Company” or social networks. The volunteer and/or the sponsor agrees that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that “The Company” provides to them electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
“The Company” is committed under a code of professional ethics and under the Federal Law of Protection of Personal Data in Possession of Individuals, published in the DOF on July 5, 2010, not to disclose by any means, or in any way make known to other people and strangers, any information of the volunteer or the sponsor.
“The Company” automatically gathers certain information about the traffic of our website and stores it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), reference / exit pages, operating systems, date / time stamp and click sequence data. “The Company” uses this information, which does not identify individual volunteers, to analyze trends, administer the site, track the movements of volunteers on the site and gather demographic information about our volunteer base.
The security of personal information is important to us. “The Company” complies with generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information that you send us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
We know that volunteers and/or the sponsors are concerned about how sensitive information about themselves is used and shared, and we appreciate the confidence that they give us that we will use that information with care and caution. All traffic is monitored and recorded to protect the company’s information. “The Company” is committed to keep all information sent by the volunteer and the sponsor in a private and confidential manner.
IMAGE USAGE RIGHTS
The volunteer and/or the sponsor specifically authorizes “The Company” to use his / her image including all the information and / or content that the volunteer and/or the sponsor sends or uses on the website. The volunteer even authorizes to be filmed, recorded or photographed and recognizes that he will not receive any compensation for the use of such images.
The volunteer recognizes that, as part of their participation in “The Company” program, they can send photographs, audio testimonials or blog posts about their volunteer experiences with “The Company”. The volunteer authorizes “The Company” for the use of said photograph (s), audio recordings, printed matter, videos, blogs or electronic media in any presentation of any kind. This may include, among others, quotes, photos, blogs, videos, etc., on www.volunteertothrive.org, as well as social networking pages of “The Company”. The volunteer acknowledges that “The Company” will probably use said recordings and images for advertising and marketing purposes, and the volunteer expressly authorizes “The Company” to distribute them in the country or abroad by any means, whether printed, electronic versions or any other.
The volunteer and/or the volunteer authorizes “The Company” the use of their image, in the same way is your wish to establish that this authorization is voluntary and free, and that according to the provisions of the Federal Law of Copyright, “The Company” has the authorization of the volunteer for the use, reproduction, transmission, retransmission of his/her image by any means, as well as the fixation of the same in projections, video, graphics, texts, films and all the supplementary material of the promotions and advertising campaigns, establishing which will be used solely and exclusively for the aforementioned purposes, authorizing “The Company” to use it for as long as necessary.
“The Company” reserves the right (but has no obligation) to review any content provided by the volunteer, and / or to take appropriate action against the volunteer in our sole discretion when the volunteer violates any provision of these terms and conditions or rules of behavior or otherwise create a liability for us or any other person. Such acts may include deleting or modifying the content and / or terminating the access of the volunteers to the website of “The Company” and / or any of our voluntary services.
OVERWHELMING FORCE – “FORCE MAJEURE”
The volunteer agrees that “The Company” will not be responsible for the payment of any compensation in case the program cannot be developed due to causes that constitute “force majeure”. Such circumstances are equivalent to any event as stated below without limitation: earthquake, civil conflict, government intervention, any natural disaster, industrial dispute, adverse weather conditions, fires and / or similar events.
The volunteer and/or the sponsor agrees to hold “The Company” harmless from any liability derived directly or indirectly from, or in connection with, the volunteer’s trip, temporary residence and the performance of volunteer or tourism.
LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY, LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY
- “The Company” and the Community offer equal opportunities. Neither “The Company” nor the people of the Community discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, nationality, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, disability or marital status in the volunteering or employment practices.
- Volunteering often involves traveling and working to places where there may be some personal risk. This includes physical injuries, financial losses, mental or emotional trauma and even death. The volunteer recognizes and accepts the exclusive responsibility for such risks.
- Volunteer locations are usually in areas where the standards of accommodation, transportation, safety, hygiene, telecommunications facilities, infrastructure development level and medical facilities are not the same as the volunteer can be used to. “The Company” does not accept any responsibility for accidents, injuries, loss of personal items or death, the volunteer agrees to assume complete responsibility. The volunteer and/or the sponsor understands that during the volunteer program certain events may occur, including, among others, accidents or illnesses in remote places without medical facilities, political instability, criminal acts and force majoure. The volunteer agrees to assume all risks associated with the trip.
- The volunteer recognizes that volunteering requires a degree of flexibility, and understands that the itinerary, accommodations and transportation are subject to change without prior notice due to local circumstances. “The Company” will not be responsible for the costs incurred by the volunteer, which may include, among others, flight cancellations, hotel cancellations or taxi cancellations.
- The volunteer and/or the sponsor exempts “The Company” from any responsibility with respect to any information provided by the volunteer and/or the sponsor. We have no way to verify that the information provided by the volunteer is accurate, updated or false. If the provided information by the volunteer results in some type of cause of action or injury of the volunteer, known or unknown, “The Company” will not have any responsibility.
- Being aware of the above, the volunteer takes any information from “The Company” at his own risk. By using any of the information, the volunteer will NOT SUE “The Company”, or any of its agents, employees, host families or volunteers of any responsibility, claims, lawsuits, actions and causes of action arising from or related to any loss, breach of contract, breach of warranty, damage or injury that the volunteer may suffer, in the event that the volunteer incurs losses or trusts any information, regardless of whether such liability results in tort, contract, strict liability, negligence or otherwise.
- Although the programs provided by “The Company” are intended to help improve yourself and the world, “The Company” cannot guarantee that the desired results will necessarily occur.
- The site, all information, content, materials and information related to the above, are provided “as is” and “as available” and, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we and our affiliates waive all guarantees, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any warranty of marketability, negotiation course, use, commercial practice, title, non-infringement, non-interference and accuracy of the data. We and our affiliates do not guarantee that the website will be uninterrupted, free of errors or viruses. The sent or downloaded content by any voluntary through the site of “The Company” is done at the discretion and risk of the volunteer himself and/or the sponsor. The volunteer will be solely responsible for any damage to the computer system of the volunteer or the loss of data that may result from the downloading or uploading such material or the trust in the site or information, and it is advised to keep backup copies out line of all voluntary content. We are not the provider of any third party offer and we do not offer any guarantee regarding it. We do not guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from the site or information; and the volunteer agrees to assume the security risk of the information you provide using the site or the information.
- “The Company” does not guarantee or make any representation with respect to the accuracy, reliability or otherwise the materials on its site or the result of its use. No representation or guarantee is made that the site or the information provided is exhaustive or accurate. We reserve the right to filter, modify or delete content, media, information or any other material from the site.
Modifications to the terms. “The Company” may change these Terms and Conditions when it deems appropriate. If the volunteer and/or sponsor opposes to such changes, the volunteer’s and/or the sponsor only option will be to stop using the website and read more of the Information. Your continued use of the website or the Information after the posting of such changes will indicate your acknowledgment of those changes and your acceptance of being subject to the revised Terms and Conditions, including such changes.